Children’s jewellery — important information
Jewellery has been given for generations as keep sakes for births and birthdays, religious celebrations and notable occasions. However we ask adults to exercise caution when allowing children and babies to wear jewellery, it is after all a piece of metal, which could potentially cause harm.
- Only allow children and babies to wear jewellery under constant supervision, as jewellery can scratch or rub the skin. Jewellery could also catch on everyday objects and potentially cause injury.
- Jewellery can cause allergic reactions, remove jewellery immediately if any reddening of the skin occurs.
- Do not allow children to put jewellery in their mouth.
- Jewellery must never be worn whilst sleeping or playing sport.
- A child’s item will need to be replaced as the child grows. Do not allow a child to wear an item which is too small.
- Never allow a child to wear a piece of jewellery that has been damaged.
- Our expandable bangles are intended for occasional wear, frequent reduction and expansion of the bangle will reduce its life expectancy.
- If you are purchasing a gift for a child, it is your responsibility to inform the child’s legal guardian of the above information.