Welcome to the The Steensons website Terms and Conditions. These Terms & Conditions apply to the use of this website at www.thesteensons.com By accessing this website and/or placing an order, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions.
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us or order from us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use this website.
The www.thesteensons.com website is operated by:
The Steensons Ltd, 64 Toberwine Street, Glenarm
Ballymena, Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT44 0AP
Tel: (0044) 02828841445
Terms of Sale
We have made every effort to display our jewellery as accurately as possible. However as colours and images will vary depending on your own monitor or browser, we cannot guarantee that the products will be exactly as seen on your monitor. Sizes/lengths are given in most item details. These measurements are as accurate as possible, however as the pieces are handcrafted, slight variation may occur.
1. Ordering from Us
- You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. Please check your order carefully as The Steensons cannot accept responsibility for orders placed incorrectly. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
- Our acceptance of an order takes place when we dispatch the order. We will send you a dispatch confirmation by email. When we dispatch the order the purchase contract will be made, even if your payment has been processed immediately, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled your order.
- We may refuse to accept an order:
- (a) where goods are not available;
- (b) where we cannot obtain full authorisation and /or validation for your payment;
- (c) if there has been a pricing or product description error;
- or (d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our Terms and Conditions.
- Our prices include VAT - VAT No GB867 8816 56
- All orders placed on our site are in Pounds Sterling (£GBP).
3. Returns Policy
- We will refund or exchange any online purchase returned in its original condition and packaging. You must inform us of your intent to return your item/s by email within 7 days of receiving your order, the goods must be returned to us within 14 days of receipt. (Please note our Belfast and Glenarm stores returns policy differs from our online policy, an exchange or credit note will be offered on any purchase made from our retail stores)
- After this 7 day period an exchange only policy will take effect. Goods can be returned for exchange up to 28 days of being received. Due to health and hygiene reasons we are unable to accept returned earrings. For exchange of goods, please note that an additional fee will be payable to re-deliver your item/s.
- When returning an item/s, please complete the Returns Form enclosed with your delivery, or enclose a covering letter detailing your name, contact phone number and reason for return. Return of goods is the responsibility of the customer, for this reason we suggest an insured method of return such as Recorded Delivery. Return postage costs cannot be covered by The Steensons unless damaged or faulty goods.
If the goods are faulty please contact our customer service team on (0044) 02828 841445
Please Note: Returns are not accepted on special order (size specific) products which have been handcrafted specifically to your requested size. All rings ordered to size are considered a special order.
We supply rings in UK sizes. Please ensure that the correct size of product is ordered (if applicable), as we cannot accept responsibility for a miss-order. Rings ordered to an incorrect size will be subject to resizing charges. (For details of these charges please contact our customer service team on Tel (0044) 02828 841445)
Due to the valuable nature of the goods, all postage methods used by The Steensons will require a signature of receipt. Most orders received before 4pm Mon-Fri will be dispatched the following day, provided we have the item(s) in stock. (Exceptions to this are ring orders, which should have their estimated dispatch time stated in the item description details)
- Deliveries within the UK
Orders of value between £0-£80 can be sent Royal Mail ‘signed for’ at the cost stated at our checkout. Normally delivered within 5 working days. Or by Royal Mail ‘special delivery’. This is a next day delivery service (excluding weekends)
Orders of value between £80 - £6500 will be sent Royal Mail ‘special delivery’. This is a next day delivery service (excluding weekends)
Orders exceeding £6500 will be handled by courier, please contact our customer services on (0044) 02828 841445 for estimated delivery costs and times.
- Delivery outside of the UK
We will deliver to the following countries;
- United States of America
- New Zealand
- And any country within the European Union
Orders of value between £0 - £1500 will be sent Royal Mail International Signed For and can take between 2 -4weeks delivery. If you require faster delivery times or your order exceeds £1500 then the shipment may be handled by a courier, please contact our customer services on (0044) 02828 841445 for estimated delivery costs and times. Import fees and taxes may apply at the country of destination.
If destination country is not listed above, please contact our customer services on (0044) 02828 841445.
- Collect in store
You have the option to collect your order from either of our premises. Please ensure you select the store location required as detailed below.
Belfast Store – Unit 2 Bedford House, Bedford Street, Belfast. BT2 7FD
Glenarm Store – Seaview Hall, New Road, Glenarm, Ballymena, Co. Antrim. BT44 0AA
Your order will take approximately 1-3 days to be ready for collection, provided the item is in stock. (Exceptions to this are ring orders, which should have their estimated dispatch time stated in the item description details) The Steensons will contact you by telephone and/or email to inform you when your order is ready for collection.
This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and The Steensons, the owner(s) of this Web Site. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Web Site. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Web Site immediately.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Content”||means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;|
|“The Steensons”||means The Steensons/ The Steensons Ltd. 64 Toberwine Street, Glenarm, Ballymena, Co Antrim. BT44 0AP;|
|“Service”||means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that The Steensons makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;|
|“Premises”||Means our place(s) of business located at 64 Toberwine Street, Glenarm, Ballymena, Co. Antrim, BT44 0AP, and/or Unit 2 Bedford House, Bedford Street, Belfast, Co Antrim, BT2 7FD www.thesteensons.com/contactus;|
|“System”||means any online communications infrastructure that The Steensons makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;|
|“User” / “Users”||means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by The Steensons and acting in the course of their employment; and|
|“Web Site”||means the website that you are currently using (www.thesteensons.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.www.thesteensons.com/rings) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- Intellectual Property
- Subject to the exceptions in Clause 3 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Web Site, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of The Steensons our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Web Site you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
- Subject to Clause 4 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Web Site unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by The Steensons.
- Third Party Intellectual Property
- Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- Subject to Clause 4 or you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Web Site or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Web Site may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- Links to Other Web Sites
This Web Site may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of The Steensons or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Web Site does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to this Web Site
Those wishing to place a link to this Web Site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.thesteensons.com without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of The Steensons. To find out more please contact us by email at email@example.com or by post at 64 Toberwine Street, Glenarm, Ballymena, Co. Antrim BT44 0AP.
- Use of Communications Facilities
- When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Web Site you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language(s) as we may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of The Steensons or our affiliates; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You acknowledge that The Steensons reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- In order to use the enquiry form and any other communication facility that may be added in the future on this Web Site, you are required to submit certain personal details. By continuing to use this Web Site you represent and warrant that:
- Any information you submit is accurate and truthful; and
- You will keep this information accurate and up-to-date.
- The Steensons makes no warranty or representation that this website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all computer systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. The Steensons make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of this website.
- No part of this website is intended to constitute advice and the content of this website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- No part of this website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all graphical representations of products and / or descriptions of services available from The Steensons correspond to the actual products and / or services, The Steensons is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions.
- The Steensons does not represent or warrant that such products and / or services will be available from us or our Premises. For this reason, please contact us prior to visiting if you wish to enquire as to the availability of any products and / or services. Any such enquiry does not give rise to any express or implied warranty that the products and / or services forming the subject matter of your enquiry will be available upon your arrival at our Premises.
- All pricing information on the Web Site is correct at the time of going online. The Steensons reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- Availability of the Web Site
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and / or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
The Steensons accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Web Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law The Steensons accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Web Site or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Web Site and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts The Steensons’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of The Steensons.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these terms and conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises (see address above) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and the relationship between you and The Steensons shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England, Wales and Northern Ireland and The Steensons and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.